Colorado NENA / APCO
Welcome to the official website of the
Colorado Chapter of NENA/APCO
The Colorado chapter of NENA/APCO is committed to providing complete public safety communications expertise, professional development, technical assistance, advocacy and outreach to benefit our members and the public. We foster technological advancement, availability and implementation of a universal emergency telephone number system (9-1-1) by promoting research, planning, training and education.
PUBLIC SAFETY TELECOMMUNICATIONS AWARDS PROGRAM
Recognizing EXCELLENCE in Public Safety Communications
The Colorado combined Chapter of NENA / APCO is pleased to recognize the outstanding achievements of public safety telecommunicators within the state of Colorado. Awards for 2019 will be awarded at the 2019 NENA / APCO State Conference to be held April 4th and 5th, 2019 at the Denver Marriott Westminster – 7000 Church Ranch Blvd, Westminster, CO. Specific time: TBD
- Awards are in the categories of:
- Outstanding Team Performance
- Telecommunicator of the Year
- Trainer of the Year
- Supervisor of the Year
- Information Technologist of the Year
- Radio Frequency Technologist of the Year
- Communications Center Director or Manager of the Year
- Center of the Year
Nominations must be received no later than Friday February 22, 2019.
Each year, we receive many outstanding nominations in each category. The program is successful because others took the time to nominate those outstanding telecommunicators. Please take the time this year to submit a nomination for an individual or team you believe to be worthy. We hope you will also take the time to pass the word to others in the public safety community in the state of Colorado who may not be members of NENA or APCO.
- The winners in the individual categories will receive a cash award of $100.
- The Team of the Year will receive a cash award of $250 as well as a plaque to be displayed in their center.
- The Center of the Year will receive a cash award of $500 as well as a plaque to be displayed in their center.
Last year we partnered with the Kansas APCO Executive board for the awards selection process. We traded nominations for both boards and selected for each other. We plan on doing the same process this year and look forward to partnering with an Executive board from another state!
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please feel free to contact Ralene Poncelow, 2nd VP.
Colorado NENA/APCO is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Please click the button below if you would like to make a donation.